The Kelso Heritage Society exists to promote the rich and diverse historical, cultural and environmental heritage of Kelso and district.
What we are about
The main purposes of the Kelso Heritage Society are:
- To promote awareness of local heritage.
- To seek ways to re-establish a museum or heritage facility in Kelso.
- To forge links with the local schools, community groups and youth organisations to promote education of local heritage.
- To liaise and co-operate with local, regional and national agencies to promote the heritage of Kelso and District.
What we are working on
The Society is currently working on developing community based projects including:
- Planting an Abbey Orchard
- Protecting historic features and updating the town trail
- Tidying the riverbank and clearing scrub from Kelso Bridge area
- Producing promotional material & creating a heritage hub.
What else do we do?
Kelso Heritage Society contributes to locally organised events and exhibitions. In addition, the Society holds eight public lectures a year, four in November and four in March. These are on a Wednesday evening at the Abbey Row Community Centre and start at 7.30pm.
How can I get involved?
Membership is £8 (family membership £12). Lectures are free to members (non-members by donation). New members are always welcome.
You can get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com
How do I stay in touch?
Just sign up for our email newsletter! (We’ll look after your email address and we won’t send you any spam.)